Sunday 16 September 2012

A/W'12 TREND PICKS: "BAROQUE ROCKS" ASOS


BAROQUE TREND
1 ASOS ATTEND Chelsea Boots £60 2 ASOS Skate In Snake Jacquard £35
Full collection found here

Day two of my ASOS A/W trend picks and we're here with "Baroque Rocks". The characteristics of this trend shouts Victorian at me, with the almost lavish and bold embellishments these designs really do look like a work of art. I think you really have to be certain of your style to interpret this trend into your wardrobe, something I definitely wouldn't consider myself as. 

Although, I do feel pieces like this could be used and dressed down is why I have chosen them over anything else featured in the collection. Take this skirt for example, although it still fits in with the Baroque trend the black jumper ASOS have paired with it in my opinion looks gorgeous. I'd add a pair of tights and some ankle boots and be good to go. 

As for the wedges, I do feel they are quite a statement piece in itself and so if I were to style these, I would definitely go for a classic LBD and some silver jewelry to complement it. 

Again, I'd love to know what your opinions are of this trend! I'm still sure unsure of whether I'm loving it or totally hating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment