Friday 21 September 2012

A/W'12 TREND PICKS: "EASTERN OPULENCE" ASOS


EASTERN OPULENCE TREND
1 BA&SH Maxi Dress In Oriental Bird Print £220 2 Borders&Frontiers Large Butterfly Shopper £22 £17.50
Full collection found here 

Eastern Opulence, well there's no doubt this trends shows just that. As you will know if you've been following my blog for the past week, I've been posting daily about my "trend picks" from ASOS' A/W'12 trends. During this time, I came across the British designer Alice Temperley of who's work is also shown in the collage above. As a student interested in Anthropology and an outsider passionate in Fashion journalism, I can't help but be almost, mesmorised by the background of Eastern culture and the affluence that has been interpreted into the designs of the trend.

I feel the two items that I've chosen uses the decadence of the trend but in a more subtle, monotone way. This BA&SH maxi dress, well just look at it. The print, the flow, the cut I just think it's so classy! I would definitely consider it a more mature choice in clothing, especially considering I live in t-shirts and jeans while I'm studying at the moment. I don't think it matters though I can just envisage owning this dress, and in twenty years, opening my wardrobe and still seeing it standing out to me. 

Next is this Borders&Frontiers pure cotton shopper bag, again with this gorgeous link of prints. I actually think these bags make great gifts, potential Christmas presents perhaps? Being currently in the sale, it makes the idea even better. 
Do you like Temperley London's "Eastern Opulence" designs? 

No comments:

Post a Comment